Liza's Top Ten Summer Romance Beach Reads
Summer is the perfect time for romance. Whether you're lounging by the shore, relaxing poolside, or just sneaking in a few chapters at your lunch break, these light summer reads will hit the spot. Several friends have confessed to me that they've never really read the romance genre before, so the goal of this post is to help all readers find a romance novel they enjoy. Romance is such a diverse genre with so many subgenres that I truly believe there is something in romance for every reader. As the Beatles said, all you need is love! I'd love to hear what romance novels you would add to your top summer reads list, and please, if you read any books from this list, let me know! Also, authors LOVE reviews, so any time you can drop a review on Amazon, other retailers, and/or Goodreads, you're not only helping others find a great book, you're helping writers too. Finally, I must confess...there are more than 10 books on this list, so this newsletter title is a tad misleading, BUT there are 10 authors responsible for these great books. And in no particular order, here are the books:
1. Liza Malloy. Okay, so I'm biased. But if you haven't read Sixty Days for Love and For Love and Italian yet, what are you waiting for?
Chelsea is on a mission to win back her husband when a new friendship with a sexy local cop forces her to question whether she's fighting for the wrong man. http://amzn.com/B07PJL92PD
2. Jillian Jacobs
Perfect for summer, try her contemporary romance novella series, beginning with For April at only 99 cents and For Ryan at $1.99. I also really enjoyed Ember's Center.
3. Melanie Jayne Can a Crush Ever Die? Rick Khaled was the most beautiful man that I had ever seen and twenty-one years later, nothing had changed except I’m no longer fourteen and hiding in the shadows. Now, I’m a boss running my own construction crew, building his dream house. Lyricka Seaver is smart, talented, driven, and sexy as hell but the timing sucks. My life has been totally rearranged and I don’t know who I am. Gone are the days where I did as I please and answered to no one. Surrendering has never been as sweet as when you have A Change of Heart. http://www.readmelaniejayne.com/a-change-of-heart.html
4. Nan Reinhardt Her series Women of Willow Bay definitely fits the bill for a summer beach read that's sure to entertain even the pickiest readers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CFPM52/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref_=series_rw_dp_sw
And her newest release, Meant to Be, will be out July 18. It's a friends-to-lovers story and book 2 in the Four Irish Brothers Winery series. Can a near tragedy help two best friends realize they're meant to be so much more? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S7FW8BR/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0
5. Lisa Caviness When you're in the mood for a romantic thriller, it's time for Order of Fear. Fresh from the shock of finding her philandering fiancé dead, Marissa Nash’s life is thrown into more turmoil when she finds herself the target of a psychotic enemy determined for revenge. Dr. Justin Tanner is dealing with his own traumatic past after his Army medical unit is attacked. As Marissa and Justin uncover deadly secrets and struggle to stay alive, they must also come to grips with their growing feelings threatening to leave them both shattered. http://www.amzn.com/B01ENW8ZCU
6. Aleatha Romig Although I find her dark romances to be perfect for any kind of weather, Aleatha also writes lighter romances for when you're craving a sexy, fun read with less angst. Check out One Night if you're looking for a sports romance with an ex-hockey player. mybook.to/AROneNight In the mood for an office romance, sexy boss and a fake date? Read Plus One. http://mybook.to/ARPlusOne If you enjoy friends-to-lovers stories or want a forbidden romance with your best friend's brother in law, download Another One. mybook.to/ARAnotherOne
7. Lucy Hudson Perfect for the upcoming holiday, The Star-Spangled Weekend is a sweet and steamy romance novel that takes place over the Fourth of July long weekend in a small town on a lake. https://www.amazon.com/Star-Spangled-Weekend-Happy-Holidays-Romance-ebook/dp/B07SM1V8NJ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Lucy+Hudson+star-spangled+weekend&qid=1560884137&s=gateway&sr=8-1
8. Amelia Kingston When an ex boyfriend happens back into her life, Samantha gets a second chance at the love of her life in Her Lucky Charm: A Second Chance Romance. https://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Charm-Amelia-Kingston-ebook/dp/B079CGR8DF/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=her+lucky+charm&qid=1560898828&s=gateway&sr=8-13
9. Sophie Kinsella. I consider most of her books chick lit, but technically many are romance as well. I'm not a fan of her popular Shopaholic series, but The Undomestic Goddess truly entertained and resonated with me. When a workaholic attorney is mistakenly hired as a housekeeper, she discovers love and a new lifestyle, but eventually she’ll have to face reality.
10. Jennifer Armentrout. She's my favorite contemporary author at the moment, so I can't choose just one... Obsidian, the first book in her Lux series, is highly entertaining. It's a young adult book and (spoiler) there are aliens, but the romance is so well done and the book is just fun. I actually thought this series improved as it went on, but you have to start at the beginning. If you absolutely can't handle YA, her DeVincent series has some steamy, spooky adult romance, starting with Moonlight Sins.
Happy reading! Feel free to share this list with friends, and if you aren't already on my mailing lists, subscribe to get exclusive scenes sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Me Email: authorLizaMalloy@gmail.com Website: www.LizaMalloy.com Twitter: www.Twitter.com/authorLizaM Instagram: www.Instagram.com/authorLizaM Facebook: www.Facebook.com/authorLizaM Pinterest: www.Pinterest.com/authorLizaMalloy Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B07PY14X4D?ref_=pe_1724030_132998540 Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18966268.Liza_Malloy